IT’S BUDGETING SEASON
MTS Painting can bid a community’s painting improvements multiple ways. Of course, an onsite job-walk is always best for a detailed proposal with no surprises. But for the purpose of budgeting and initial Board of Directors (BOD) discussions, please consider MTS’s HOA Quick Budget pricing.
With minimal information such as a basic scope of work, property address, name, and contact info, we can develop an initial pricing range for typical minor repairs and painting.
After receiving the initial information or Request for Proposal (RFP) via website form, text message, email, or phone, based on the above, our estimator will research on Google Earth and Street View to develop, if needed, any simple questions that could significantly affect our estimate. We will usually send screenshots and/or maps to help you, or the BOD answer the questions.
And if your property is not far from our office, or on the way home, we’ll do a quick drive-by to develop more accurate pricing and/or questions. Don’t forget the gate code. 😊
More details will allow for a tighter cost range. Our professional and tenured estimators have bid and painted so many communities that most RFPs have very typical aspects we can usually recognize. And Google Maps are amazing these days. If you don’t mind a ballpark price, we don’t mind estimating from our desk.
Additional details for better accuracy of price could be:
- Highlighted scope of work maps, especially for fence walls or partial scopes of work.
- Photos of failing substrates and stand back photos of general conditions.
- Notes and/or photos of obvious tricky areas such as heights, landscape, trellises, and stairwells.
- What color will the repaint be? Is it the same or similar? If the color changes more than just a little, it could necessitate more paint and labor.
- What type and quality of topcoats are required? The reserves duration or longevity expectations will dictate quality of paint.
- What level of warranty does the BOD desire.
- Exclusions – what’s NOT a part of the scope of work.
Also, any knowledge of how to separate the scope of work into bid options for the BODs budget decisions. The fewer options the better for less confusion and more accurate pricing.
Depending on the complexity of the project we can sometimes have budget pricing back the same day in a simple understandable email. If the project is complex or a large amount of measuring, like with fence walls, a few days is usually possible.
Our professional estimators and operations staff are ready to serve and make the work as simple as possible for you, the BOD, and the community.